An outstanding global education
ES American School is an independent, coeducational, American Elementary School (1st-5th grade), Middle School (6th-8th grade) and Senior High School (9th-12th grade). Its objective is to provide its students with an excellent academic experience that prepares them for future university studies.
Our Elementary School is an authorized IB World School and we offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) for grades 1 through 5. For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit www.ibo.org
All students receive individual attention, close academic guidance and personal counseling, in order to ensure both the acquisition of academic competencies and the development of individual strengths and talents.
Students follow an American academic program, but also benefit from the multitude of cultures offered by their teachers and fellow students.
- Elementary school: grades 1-5
- Middle School: grades 6-8
- High School: grades 9-12
The academic year is divided into two semesters:
- Fall Semester (approximately September 1 to December 20)
- MSpring Semester (approximately January 7 to June 24)
MAIN FEATURES OF THE SCHOOL
- Located directly on the world-class campus of the Emilio Sanchez Tennis Academy in Barcelona and Florida: Sports are an essential part of the curriculum. The combined ESA/ES curriculum encourages active participation, a healthy lifestyle, and an enjoyable athletic and academic atmosphere.
- Fully compatible: The school program is offered in a format that makes it fully compatible with a student's tennis training without undermining academic quality. Each student is assigned an Academic Advisor, who is responsible for overseeing the student's development, welfare and progress. Academic advisors also coordinate with each student’s athletic tutor to allign the academic and athletic needs of every student.
- Highly qualified, dedicated faculty: Who understand the unique challenges international students face in the American school system, and who know how to meet those students’ unique academic needs. 7:1 student-to-teacher ratio.
- Advanced Placement (AP) courses: ES American School students have the opportunity to take AP courses in High School, standardized high school courses that are roughly equivalent to undergraduate college courses. After completing an AP class, students typically take the AP exam in that subject, for which they can earn credits and accelerated placement in college.
- ES Americanl School philosophy of education: Curricular emphasis on strengthening students’ oral and written language skills, including a focus on the acquisition of critical reading skills.
- ES American School culture: A school culture that promotes and celebrates diversity and individuality.
ES American School is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools – Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA – CESS).
We area also recognized in Spain as a Centro Extranjero (foreign school) by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Spanish Ministry of Education.
Our Elementary School is an authorized IB World School and we offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) for grades 1 through 5.
For programs without school (*)
The Language Program offers the possibility of combining weekly, monthly, and annual tennis programs with Spanish or English as a Second Language (ESL) courses on the ES Academy campus.
The language program involves students in a process of linguistic communication and intensive practice of the four basic elements of language education: oral, comprehension, written, and reading proficiency.
Students requiring additional help in a subject area may sign up for private one-on-one tutorials.
The availability of private tutorials depends on teacher availability. For information about tutorial fees, please contact ES American School.