Benefits of the Sánchez-Casal Weekly Programs
- ASC 360 Performance System©: You will train under the same method as our annual players, receiving high performance tennis with a special emphasis on physical conditioning. Our system is suitable for all types of players, regardless of age, physical fitness, or tennis experience.
- Improve Language Skills: The Spring and Fall Holiday Camps include add-on language classes, with a choice of English or Spanish classes. Classes take place at ES International School, an American school located inside the ASC campus, and are taught by native teachers.
- Tournaments: For stays longer than one week, players have the opportunity to participate in local tournaments, as well as national, or even international events that are being held during their stay.
- Leisure activities: We offer recreational activities inside and outside of the Sánchez-Casal campus, with the objective of integrating students from different countries and making them feel at home.
- Supervisory staff: Our team of supervisors takes care of the players and are responsible for their safety and welfare at the Academy.
More advantages of the program
- The ASC environment is a safe, secure, and peaceful setting. The Academy is located within a gated facility.
- A team of supervisors cares for ASC students: The supervisors live on campus and are responsible for the safety and welfare of the players.
- The Academy offers Accommodation adapted to the needs of each player. They can live in on-campus apartments with 2 to 3 players per room. Each apartment is supervised by a coach who resides in a separate room.
- Health insurance and physiotherapy services: It is a requirement when registering, that all students in any program provide proof of a valid health insurance plan for the period of enrollment. In the absence of coverage, the Academy can provide daily, weekly and annual insurance plans through United Health Care. The Physiotherapy Department is also available during your stay (upon request).
- Private tennis, fitness and mental classes can be scheduled.
- ASC offers airport transfer services and UM services. For pricing info, please inquire within the Admissions Department.
- Laundry service is included in the boarding program. Banking services are available. A pro-shop is located on site.
- And…players have the opportunity to train on court with Emilio Sánchez Vicario (Naples) and Sergio Casal (Barcelona).
Tournaments and Travelling team
- A personalized program is created to include local, regional, national, and international tournaments throughout the year (The academy also hosts several international tournaments throughout the year).
- Assistance from our coaches of the Travelling Team is offered during all these tournaments.
- Available for stays of more than one week.
ASC 360 Performance System©
- The ASC Training System© is unique in the world. Designed by Emilio Sánchez Vicario and Sergio Casal, it is based on four core pillars: technical, tactical, physical and mental.
- Each of these four pillars is developed intensively, and each is tailored to the player’s stage, which depends on age, physical condition and tennis level. The stages are reflected in the ASC Development Pyramid©, and range from the initiation stage to the elite stage.
- In the area of sports science, the program includes all services on site that the player may need, such as physical training, nutrition, sports psychology, and physiotherapy.
- The ASC Training System© includes the ASC Athlete Mind System: an on-court and off-court mental coaching system with the mental and tennis coaches working together.
Players can boost their tennis level even further with the Push Program.
The Push program includes:
- Private tennis training: replace 5 hours of group tennis lessons with 5 hours of private lessons. This allows student-athletes to work intensively on the technical and tactical sides of the game.
- Physical training: add 1 extra hour per week (4 players per group)
- Mental Training: add 1 extra hour per week (4 players per group)
- Students can choose their preferred foreign language: Spanish or English. These classes are offered by native teachers at ES International School, a private American school located on campus, and which is fully accredited by official bodies both the US and Spain.
- Class groups organized by level and age.
What will you learn?
The developmental pyramid of the Academia Sánchez-Casal Players
Based on the ASC Training System© used in our Academies, Emilio Sánchez Vicario has created a pyramid to describe the evolution of players as they progress for their athletic development, by age and level of play.
Each stage of this evolution has its own general and specific objectives for each pillar of training (technical, tactical, physical and mental).
Click on the links below for further information about each stage of the pyramid.