At Emilio Sánchez Academy, your safety comes first
At Emilio Sánchez Academy, our main objective is to guarantee the safety of the users of our facilities, especially when it comes to their health.
For this reason, we apply both the guidelines of the US Government, the recommendations of the World Health Organization, the Florida Collier County rules and regulations and the USTA.
Suitability and higiene of the facilities
- Common areas and other facilities have been reorganized to ensure social distancing standards and greater supervision has been implemented to enforce them.
- All campus facilities are cleaned and disinfected daily, using procedures that guarantee their disinfection.
- All commonly used surfaces are regularly disinfected, especially the main contact points such as door handles and knobs, railings or card readers.
- The cleaning of the gym equipment has been increased, applying suitable disinfecting products.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, with an alcohol content of 60% or higher, have been placed in the traffic areas of the campus and signs with instructions on hand washing and hygiene have been posted.
- The buffet service has been limited to the minimum staff necessary maintaining the same food service and the same quality adapted to the necessities of the students.
Instructions for students
- The number of students and users in all facilities has been limited, in order to comply with the appropriate social distancing guidelines.
- They will be asked to submit a questionnaire within 48 hours of arrival, detailing any exposure they may have had to the virus. Students who are boarding will be asked to complete a coronavirus test prior to their arrival.
- Any student who enters the ES Academy facilities must have the temperature taken daily prior to start the day.
- Students who do not board at the Academy must present the negative coronavirus test results to the admissions department with the registration form (At the end of the form there is a picture with all the available test places near Naples). They must arrive between 5 and 10 minutes earlier than the agreed start time and must go directly to the assigned court. In cases in which the agreed court is not known, a staff member will indicate it to the student.
- Companions of the students will not be able to access the facilities.
- Academy staff and coaches will encourage frequent and mandatory hand washing and disinfection before and after each training.
- Mandatory use of mask for students & staff members while inside the facility.
- Students must not touch any type of material: ball carts, cones, balls, etc. When collecting the balls, students will move them towards the net with their rackets, without touching them with their hands. The coach will take care of putting them inside the cart.
- The sharing of sports equipment such as rackets, elastic bands or similar is prohibited. Each student must bring his/her own elastic bands, towel, grips, rackets and a mat. All this material is for individual use only.
- There will be an individual spot for each one of the students with the required distance to avoid the proximity of the benches.
- The usage of the bathroom will be available in the bathrooms located in our ES International School for external people while the bathrooms inside the academy will be restricted usage only for those who presented the test.
- At the end of the sports activity, the use of showers or common areas will be limited to external students having a different schedule for shower time and common areas giving the cleaning ladies time to disinfect.
- At the end of the activity, the external students must be picked-up at the entry parking lot, and they must leave the facilities immediately.
- Exits from the campus for resident students will be limited to what the State and local Government deems appropriate at any given time.
- All students must clean their gym equipment and the table of the cafeteria after each use, thus reinforcing the disinfecting that the Academy’s cleaning staff will perform.
- Students and staff are not allowed to engage in any type of contact.
Measures regarding our staff
- Access to the campus has been limited to essential staff only, with a large number of employees continuing to work remotely.
- Access to the facilities will be denied to all those who have manifested flu-like symptoms or have been in contact with people who have had them. In these cases, they must remain off campus for 14 days and health institutions will be alerted, if necessary.
- A daily access protocol for the staff has been established, with temperature control upon arrival and again throughout the day.
- Employees are required to wear face masks inside campus buildings, as well as to apply social distancing practices at all times.
- Employees will remind their students of the usual measures and guidelines that we already implemented in March 2020, for hand washing and disinfection before and after each training, before and after meals, and during any other group activity.