At academia Sánchez Casal, your safety comes first
At Academia Sánchez-Casal, our main objective is to guarantee the safety of the users of our facilities, especially when it comes to their health.
For this reason, we apply both the guidelines of the US Government, the recommendations of the World Health Organization, the Florida Collier County rules and regulations and the USTA.
Suitability and higiene of the facilities
- Common areas and other facilities have been reorganized to ensure social distancing standards and greater supervision has been implemented to enforce them.
- All campus facilities are cleaned and disinfected daily, using procedures that guarantee their disinfection.
- All commonly used surfaces are regularly disinfected, especially the main contact points such as door handles and knobs, railings or card readers.
- The cleaning of the gym equipment has been increased, applying suitable disinfecting products.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, with an alcohol content of 60% or higher, have been placed in the traffic areas of the campus and signs with instructions on hand washing and hygiene have been posted.
- The food service has been changed to reduce the risk to the minimum with staff necessary maintaining the same food service and the same quality adapted to the necessities of the students.
- The cafeteria and the dining tables have been adapted to have less amount of people sitting in the same table and have appropriate distance to avoid any risk.
Instructions for students
- The number of students and users in all facilities has been limited, in order to comply with the appropriate social distancing guidelines.
- They will be asked to submit a questionnaire within 48 hours of arrival, detailing any exposure they may have had to the virus. They will also be asked to complete a health exam.
- Any student who enters the ASC facilities must have the temperature taken daily prior to start the day.
- Any student who enters the ASC facilities must be wearing a mask inside the clubhouse at all times unless eating or performing physical exercise.
- Students who do not board at the Academy must arrive between 5 and 10 minutes earlier than the agreed start time to get the temperature taken.
- Companions of the students will not be able to access the facilities.
- Academy staff and coaches will encourage frequent and mandatory hand washing and disinfection before and after each training.
- Students must not touch any type of material: ball carts, cones, balls, etc. When collecting the balls, students will move them towards the net with their rackets, without touching them with their hands. The coach will take care of putting them inside the cart.
- The sharing of sports equipment such as rackets, elastic bands or similar is prohibited. Each student must bring his/her own elastic bands, towel, grips, rackets and a mat. All this material is for individual use only.
- There will be an individual spot for each one of the students with the required distance to avoid the proximity of the benches.
- The usage of the bathroom for the external people will be placed in the ES international school and will be use done at a time. In the case of being occupied, the wait should be on the side of the courts maintaining a distance on the line.
- At the end of the sports activity, the use of showers or common areas will be at different times for external students and internal ones.
- Exits from the campus for resident students will be limited to what the State and local Government deems appropriate at any given time.
- All students must clean their gym equipment and the table of the cafeteria after each use, thus reinforcing the disinfecting that the Academy’s cleaning staff will perform.
- 6 feet distance will have to be maintained when in contact between students or staff of the academy.
Measures regarding our staff
- Access to the campus has been limited to essential staff only, with a large number of employees continuing to work remotely.
- Access to the facilities will be denied to all those who have manifested flu-like symptoms or have been in contact with people who have had them. In these cases, they must remain off campus for 14 days and health institutions will be alerted, if necessary.
- A daily access protocol for the staff has been established, with temperature control upon arrival and again throughout the day.
- Employees are required to wear face masks inside campus buildings, as well as to apply social distancing practices at all times.
- Employees will remind their students of the usual measures and guidelines that we already implemented in March 2020, for hand washing and disinfection before and after each training, before and after meals, and during any other group activity.
- A Microsoft teams’ group has been created to inform about the safety regulations and the new implementations to reduce the risk. Any type of update for the rules and regulations will be informed by the administration and staff of Sanchez-Casal through teams where all the parents of the student-athletes will be able to check and be aware.